Skip to Main Navigation


The Schools of Nursing and Pharmacy operate on both the Oxford and Jackson campuses. The Schools of Dentistry, Health Related Professionals and Medicine, and the Health Sciences Graduate School, are based in Jackson only. (Additional healthcare programs are available through the School of Applied Sciences on the Oxford campus.) Other than these exceptions, the schools above are on the Oxford campus.


Need help paying for child care??

Campus News: UM employees and students may sign up for 1-on-1 Child Care Help Sessions: find out if you're eligible for assistance and get help applying.


Our upcoming on-campus Child Care Help Sessions provide one-on-one assistance to any parent/guardian who needs help paying for child care. We can

  • help determine eligibility for the state’s Child Care Payment Program.
  • help with the application process.
  • help locate other resources that might be available, such as for single moms.

Help sessions are available to both employees and students. They’ll take place from 10:00-3:00 on September 28 at the Graduate School House, next door to the J.D. Williams Library (main library). Walk-ins welcome, or click here to reserve an appointment at a time that works for you.

A single parent of one child can make up to $38,000 and still be eligible to receive support for child care expenses from the Mississippi Child Care Payment Program, and the income threshold increases with the size of the family. Any parent/guardian who meets the income threshold can apply, no matter their gender or marital status. You can find more information here.

Questions? Contact Lynn Wilkins at

For information for student parents, visit

Child Care Help Sessions are made possible by a partnership between UM's Work-Life Resources Program and the Mississippi Low-Income Child Care Initiative.

For assistance related to a disability, contact Lynn Wilkins: | 662-915-1295

Event posted by:

Sponsored by: UM Work-Life Resources